Saturday, March 9, 2013

Our day on Nevis

Kaylee - Today was not such a good day for me. Before bed last night I wasn't feeling so good so I just decided I would try to sleep it off. I didn't end up getting much sleep though. I woke up with a soar throat, a stuffed nose, a major headache, and I over all felt achy all over. Mom gave me all kinds of good medicines and I took a nap. After my nap I felt a tad bit better and so we came back to the restaurant we were at yesterday. I had one of the best burgers I have ever had for lunch and that's saying something because I am a burger expert. We then proceeded by getting an island tour in a cab. Although I wasn't feeling well it was better than having to hike. I would rather be sick here than back at home. :) Kelli - the Double Duece staff took great care of us again today in Nevis. Even a couple locals helped us beach our dinghy, Bessie. Our tour around Nevis was rich in history as well as beautiful. When we arrived yesterday I was questioning our decision to come here as the Friday crowd and cruise boat crowd were overwhelming. But because we took a long walk, grabbed a ride with a local and followed our instincts to the beach area not to far from Hakuna Matata I have loved our time here. The ruins of sugar plantations are a work of genius as they have stood the test of weather and time. The Montpilier (now a gorgeous inn) was my favorite and I did my best to remind Brian that before the trip he assured me if we needed a night off the boat we could get a room. The pool and grounds plus a full bar with real glass ware were very appealing. But my tactics failed. C'est la vie. I am loving boat life enough to skip the fancy inns and hotel. Cody-Today we took a great tour of the island. Saw some awesome stuff. Jackie would have been proud, my inner photographer came out like a hunting tigress. I was at one with the camera and in harmony with my surroundings. William- well hi. My names William. I am fourteen years old and I like to eat chocolate pie. Daddy just said that I should write something short and sweet and it reminded me of chocolate pie. If someone wants to be a peach and make me pie when I get back I would love that. This post is very unrelative to everything but it's what's on my mind. We have to go back to the dinghy now. Without pie :( byeeeee ! Brian - today was an adventure. Our boat needed fuel and further south we get the more primitive it gets. So Cody and I set out in our dinghy. About a 10 min ride to the dock. Then meet our cab driver who has arranged to find 3 15 gal fuel containers. Off to the gas station we go via taxi. Fill the containers and back to the dinghy dock. The swell is running high today so putting a 100 lb jug in a dinghy that is moving a lot is a challenge. But we did it. Back to the boat and then teach Cody to siphon diesel from the containers to the tank. Lots of fun realizing that sometimes you just can't pull up to the dock and get fuel.

1 comment:

  1. Kaylee--Conch fritters are delicious but can't believe they would replace hamburgers for you! Went to Red Robin last night with Uncle Frank & boys--thought of you and the gucamole burger! William--Should we bring the chocolate pie to the airport to meet you? Pop and I will make sure you have a pie ready for immediate consumption! All is well here. Snow melting, warmer weather on the way but it's not St. Croix 82 degrees.

    ReplyDelete